Homemade mac ‘n cheese!
There’s really nothing like it. Its ooey gooey goodness just melts in your mouth, and honestly, it’s an incredible hangover remedy. I find it very difficult to restrain from eating the entire 6-person serving dish because pasta + butter + melted cheese is heavenly. So I’ve tried to experiment with a couple different recipes lately… Here’s my favorite so far:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 8-ounce package elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8-ounce package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8-ounce package Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 8-ounce package Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese to top
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until just tender. Drain well.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in Dijon mustard, tempered egg, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in all three cheeses; lower heat to medium low and stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni and stir until coated.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake for about 30 minutes
PS – I welcome any additional suggestions/ingredient add-ins!